The creator behind the story Legend of Earl, Ben Gordon
- Post: First off, what motivated you to start your kami?
- Ben: Well, to be honest, I stumbled across Otaku World by accident. I discovered the kami program, and got interested in trying my own.
- Post: So where did you first get the idea for The Legend of Earl?
- Ben: I've had Earl for a while. Since I was in school. I keep dreaming little bits of story here and there, and began putting them together. And so began the legend of Earl.
- Post: Whats the hardest part about making a kamishibai?
- Ben: For me? lol getting the computer to cooperate. No, seriously, once i get started on one, it seems to flow together. I guess the hardest part for me is picking the right music for the scene.
- Post: Do you have any favorite kamishibais or authors?
- Ben: I don't really have a favorite yet. I've downloaded a few so far, and seem to like each one. A favorite one is hard to pick.
- Post: Where did you develop your art style from?
- Ben: I basically taught myself.I never took an art class, but I pick up pointers from other artists and art magazines. I've been drawing as long as I can remember.
- Post: Well, any final comments?
- Ben: I hope to have part two out real soon. I hope every one enjoy's it as much as I hope they like part one^_^ Earl's in for a real adventure. And thanks for the interview.
- Thanks for your time Ben.
Back to the author index