The author of Maulus: The Knight of Blood, Nasser Noon and Dark Meteor, the talented Karthokrinden.
- Post: What the hardest part (for you) about making a Kamishibai story?
- Karthokrinden: (1:54 AM) well, I might say the hardest part is the character design.......I sometimes keep designing a character for weeks, sometimes months....but that's just me n_n'
- Post: What inspires your characters and kamishibai stories? Dark Meotor and Nassar Noon where based off of you and your friends, right..?
- Karthokrinden: Well dark meteor was....how can I say this.....it was when I was dissassembling my parent's old cupboard with my mom and dad, when suddenly the clothes line fell on my head, but that's when I saw Bishoujo Senshi Sailor episode 1 & 2, that gave me the inspiration of making a "profile kami"...it was also when my modem goofed off, so I thought it would make a great kamishibai if I exagerate a lil. Dark Meteor 1 was created in one single day. As for Nasser Noon I got it when I was annoyed in the Movies by a friend of mine (his name is name is nasser) I thought I'd give him the kami treatment...
- um....anything else?
- Post: So most of your kamis are spontanious reactions to events that are going on, verses plotting and planning a fictional storyline..?
- Karthokrinden: sort of........but other kamishibai I have worked on are just being inspired by other stuff....I was inspired by the anime "Dragon quest" when I first made Maulus, I just love action anime n_nbut my way of making a story is to mix things that happened to me in one day...DM is an example, like I mentioned earlier...
- Post: Who are some of your favorite Kamishibai artists?
- Karthokrinden: well there are lots but here are some, Sunikukoruso, Shael, Onlyima, Meg-Chan, Meagen, Jenni Rietz, Dave 13, Hoshi, J-chan, Alex-chan, Toni, Fusu-san (my bro, he'll be releasing his story soon), Sailor Bunnie, Liza Fitzroy, Lianu, Deanna, Qouva, Tenchi-chan, des, micheal sterns, rebecca "ribby" Rudeen, and there are others mor I can't quite remember n_n'
- Post: If you could change one think about Kamishibai what would it be, andwhy?
- Karthokrinden: well, I like Kamishibai the way it is, I just want more people I know love it, use it as if it's part of their daily lives, but, well if it could support MP3 files it would be better n_n
- Post: What stories do you have planned in the future? (stories/games/quizzes... etc...)
- Karthokrinden: hmmm....I'm planning lots at the moment, all are stories, Vampire Hunter (a vampire story), Taccurb Omega Blade (a 3D mecha battle), dragon Tear (a zombie story), and Military Warhead Tanilla (a one girl "Charlie's angels"), but there will be stories with multiple story lines (like Nasser Noon). but keep in mind that Nasser Noon is part of a long series called "nassoor adventures" where there will be videogame and movie parodies Nasser Noon is just a taste of what's to come...there will be parodies of Mission Impossible 2, Ed, Edd and Eddy and metal gear solid...
- Post: Oh..? How long will the Nassoor Adventures be about...
- Karthokrinden: well they are gonna be very longNasser noon is just the intro of the series...so is Resident eater (Sunikukoruso is my partner in our Kamishibai studio, SNK Studios)
- Karthokrinden: we will be thinking of other parodies for the Nassoor adventure series
- Post: Sounds good to me. So do you have any additional comments, concerns, or thoughts for us?
- Karthokrinden: not really, your a nice and friendly bunch n_n
- Post: hehe.. well, thanks for being interviewed...
sorry to be so slow to interview you...
- Karthokrinden: it's alright, thanx for interviewing me n_n
Back to the author index