Signs You've Been Reading a Little TOO MUCH Kamishibai: By Rebo
- You wait diligently every day for the final chapter of a Kamishibai series
to arrive, even if there's never been anything else written for over a year.
- You run around asking people "WHERE'S THE STAFF OF IRA?!"
- You always sit outside on a rainy night, hoping to find your OWN Yari.
- You worry about people noticing your pointy ears, even if you don't HAVE
- While you've got an otaku friend who drools over Tamahome, YOU have got a
much more sophisticated crush-Tohru.
- You always keep an ash stake and a vile of holy water, JUST in case...and
you bought yourself a plastic Light Saber just so you can have your own Ion
- Whenever you see a curtain rise in a play, you always shout out
- Whenever you see a Star Wars movie begin with lines "A long, long time
ago..." you immediatly say "Mukashi, mukashi..."
- You are deathly afraid of video cameras.
- You FRIENDS are deathly afraid of video cameras because you keep trying to
experiment on them in order to go to Kazaro.
- When you move somewhere start at a new school, you immediatly scour your new home for anime character's shops.
- Whenever someone complains of flatulence, you hold out a net, hoping that
maybe, just maybe, you'll eventually have your OWN monkey...
- You were so desparate for a date that you set up a hose on your roof to pour
water on you, then pretended to cry, hoping an angel would come and date you.
- Bah, it worked! You ARE weird!
- You try to convince your crush to be more like your favorite Kamishibai
- While everyone ELSE was waiting for the Buffy season finale, YOU were
waiting for the finale of your favorite Kami series.
- Whenever someone yells "OH MY GOD! THEY KILLED..." You immediatly finish
for them by saying "RASPUTIN!"
- Your history teacher thinks your nuts for telling the TRUE story of
- You have converted your history teacher into believing the TRUE story of
Rasputin, and you are BOTH sent into therapy.
- You start wearing a pink scarf around your neck, even in the middle of
summer. (Hey, I can plug my own story, right?^_^)
- You have spent countless hours surfing the Internet in order to find the
- When a child asks you to tell the story of Rapunzel, you sit down and tell
them all about this Gorgon and this Candlestick Maker and this witch with a
-When done, the child says "That wasn't the way _I_ heard it." And YOU say,
- You search coffins everywhere in hopes of finding Nathan!
- Whenever you see a package of Brawny Paper Towels, a tear trickles down your
cheek as you remember the legend of the Holy Lumberjack...
- You go to Starbucks and ask them to give you an "Axe of Justice." When you
do not get this, you just say "That's right, good ol' Scott bought the only
- You are TERRIFIED of Keebler Elves and butterflies...but you LOVE snakes,
fireflies, and bunnies! And of COURSE, you worship monkeys!
- You broke your nose trying to jump through your mirror.
- You never eat another pomegranate again, for fear of destroying another of
- Whenever anyone knocks on your door, for ANY reason, you scream out "GO TO
- You're using this list as a checklist.
-You haven't done one item on this list, and you break down in tears, wailing
"I'm not enough of a Kami-fanatic!"
- Whenever someone even SUGGESTS having either pork or squid, you scream out
at them "CANNIBALS!"
- You keep trying to perfect the "Twirling Tentacles of Death", but rather
than managing to cut your arms off, you just poke an eye out.
- You will stand right next to a factory all day, watching the sky, hoping
that a certain little doll heroine will come flying down to meet you...
- You never go anywhere without wearing your fez.
- You are going to marry a carrot.
- You HAVE married a carrot.
- Whenever your grandma gets on your nerves, you just smack her! (Take THAT,
I'd love it if this became a regular feature, so hey guys, why not write in
with more suggestions? Surely you can do better than I can! Sayonara!
Back to the misc. page